Kaamel (”Company” or ”We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes how and why we might collect, use and/or share, retain, and safeguard your information when you interact with us. Thank you for taking the time to read this Policy carefully and understand our practices regarding your personal information.
At Kaamel, we strive to safeguard your privacy while keeping things easy for you, which means we only collect personal data which is useful. To facilitate our services, we may collect the following information:
- Service Data: Customers and individuals authorized by a Customer may provide Service Data to Kaamel when using the Services.
- Account Information:Your Kaamel ID and related account details, including email address, devices registered, account status.
- Device Information: Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or about your device, such as browser type.
- Contact Information: Data such as name, email address, or other contact information.
- Usage Data: Data about your activity on and use of our offerings including browsing history; product interaction; crash data, performance and other diagnostic data, as well as other usage data.
- Other Information You Provide to Us: Details such as the content of your communications with Kaamel, including interactions with customer support.
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- User-Provided Information: Users provide personal, communication, and other details through various sections of our site, such as the "Contact Us" pages.
- Automated Collection on Service Usage: While engaging with our website, automated technologies capture specifics about user behavior, device data, and resources accessed.
- Data from Third Parties: We might receive user content from third-party partners.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- Power Our Services. The primary purpose of processing your information is to present our website and its contents to you to power our services. Kaamel will use Service Data in accordance with the applicable Agreement, Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. This include carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. Kaamel is a processor of Service Data and Customer is the controller.
- Communicate with You. Kaamel will use your information to respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. We may also use the information to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide.
- Improve Our Services. Kaamel tries to make the Services as useful as possible for Customers and Authorized Users. Kaamel may use aggregated and anonymized Services Data and Other Information to improve existing products and services or develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with applicable law or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
- With your consent. Kaamel may use your information for other purposes with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the marketing email. You may also contact us at 340E Middlefield Rd Mountain View CA 94043, DPO@kaamel.com to opt out of marketing.
We may disclose or share your information with third-party services providers and other vendors that support our business. They are bound by confidentiality agreements and may only use personal information for the purposes for which we disclosed it to them.
Categories of Recipient
Categories of Personal Data
Cloud Database (AWS)
Kaamel uses AWS’s cloud database services, which covers all information Kaamel processes.
Chatbot Service Providers
Data customers voluntarily provide when using our chatbot.
User information including account information, usage data, device ID, and contact information for customer support purposes.
Chat history for customer support and service improvement purposes.
Records of errors and crashes detected for bug-fix.
Logs including usage log, crash reports, and other records automatically generated.
Company information, user ID, user account data, usage data, IP address data, and other aggregated information for business operation and improvement purposes.
We may disclose or share your information for business purposes
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information.
- For any other purpose, we disclosed to you when you provided the information.
- In connection with a sale, merger, liquidation or other business transfer.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information for other purposes
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including government or regulatory requests.
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The categories of personal information that we may disclose include information you provide to us, the information we collect automatically, and the information obtained from other sources.
In such cases where the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is applicable to Kaamel in accordance with the law, the information and the rights specified in this section are available to users residing in the EU/EEA region.
The GDPR distinguishes between a “controller” and a “processor” (or similar terms). We are a “controller” for those Services where we make decisions on how personal information is used in connection with our Services, and we are a “processor” for those Services where we only use personal information as allowed by our customers.
Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
In a table format, we describe below all the ways we plan to use your personal data and which legal bases we rely on. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
(d) Assets (e.g. mobile applications, websites, cloud services, etc.)
Performance of a contract with you.
To maintain your account
(a) Your Kaamel ID
(b) Account data including account status
(d) Devices registered under the account
Performance of a contract with you.
To process your order
(c) Payment details
(d) Transaction data
(e) Order number
Performance of a contract with you.
To provide services
(a) Account data
(b) Device information (e.g. device serial number, and browser type)
(d) Any information you provided to facilitate the provision of our services (e.g. questionnaire regarding your current privacy practices)
Performance of a contract with you.
To administer and maintain our business
(a) Usage history
(b) Browsing history on our website
(c) Usage data (including product interaction)
(d) Crash data
(e) Performance and other diagnostic data
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to develop our products and services).
To use data analytics to improve our website
(c)Browsing history on our website
(d)Usage data (including product interaction)
(f)Performance and other diagnostic data
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to improve our existing products/ services, to develop our products/services, to keep our website updated and relevant).
Your Rights and Choices
The GDPR provides EU/EEA consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. To exercise any of the following rights, please contact us at DPO@kaamel.com.
Right to Access to Personal Information
You have the right to obtain confirmation from us on whether we process your personal information and, if so, you may request access to your personal information.
Right to Rectification of Personal Information
You have the right to request for a rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and, depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to request us to erase some or all of the personal information concerning you.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to restrict us from further processing your personal information. In such cases, the respective information will be marked as restricted, and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive a copy of your personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you have the right to request the transfer of that personal information to another entity without hindrance from us.
Right to Object to Processing
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information which is processed on the basis of legitimate interest or where the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller. We may be required by law to continue processing your data for purposes such as an overriding legitimate interest, and the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to Object to Direct Marketing
You have the right to object the processing of personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Right to Object to Decision Based Solely on Automated Processing
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects you.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You may exercise the right at any time. You can always provide your consent to us again at a later time. Please note that the withdrawal will not affect the processing of data based on prior consent.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint to an applicable supervisory authority or other regulators if you are not satisfied with our responses to your requests or how we manage your personal information. We encourage you to first or also reach out to us at DPO@kaamel.com, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly. A list of and more information about the EU/EEA Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
In such cases where the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) are applicable to Kaamel in accordance with the law, the information and the rights specified in this section are available to users residing in California.
Right to Access to Specific Information and Data Portability
You have the right to request that the Company disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclose your personal information for a business purpose, we will identify the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Deletion Request
You have the right to request that the Company delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We do not knowingly sell your personal information, yet our use of tracking technologies may be considered a “sale”/ “sharing” under California law. You can click on the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link located at the bottom of our website for information to opt-out of sale of information collected on this website.
Right to Opt-Out of the Processing of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect or process sensitive personal data.
Other California Privacy Rights
For California users, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for like-goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of like-goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for like-goods or services or a different level or quality of like-goods or services.
Kaamel does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at 340E Middlefield Rd Mountain View CA 94043, DPO@kaamel.com.
- We retain personal data only as long as necessary for policy purposes.
- We retain personal data for legal obligations compliance, dispute resolution, security, and policy enforcement.
- Without valid reasons to continue processing your personal information, data will be either deleted or anonymized.
- We implement measures in place to protect data from unauthorized access and accidental loss.
- In case of security breaches, we will investigate, notify affected individuals, and act per legal requirements.
We will retain your personal data, including any correspondence you have with us, only for as long as necessary for the purpose of this policy, including retaining personal data in order to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, for information security purposes, and to enforce our legal rights, terms, and policies.
If we do not have a valid reason to continue processing your personal information, we will take one of the following actions: delete or anonymize the information. In cases where deletion or anonymization is not possible, such as when personal information is stored in backup archives, we will store your information securely and isolate it from any further processing until it can be deleted.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
The information that Kaamel collects about you may be transferred outside of your country of residence or the country where your company is established. These countries may have different data protection laws than your own. Kaamel will comply with laws regarding the transfer of personal data between countries to help ensure that your data is protected and kept safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 340E Middlefield Rd Mountain View CA 94043, DPO@kaamel.com
- 340E Middlefield Rd Mountain View CA 94043